Below are the basic guidelines that each of SOLAE’s child organization will, at a minimum meet.
The philosophy of our Accessibility Policy is about giving equal access to everyone.
1. The hotel and convention space needs to be ADA compliant.
2. They will provide contact information on their webpage for those individuals needing ADA-related services, (i.e. interpretation, wheelchairs, special seating, etc.), and a timeline in which those services can realistically be met (ie. "please contact us at least 3 weeks prior and we will attempt to accommodate your needs.")
Code of Conduct:
We do not tolerate harassment of the people at our conventions in any form.
In order to take action, the convention needs to know about any incident during that convention.
Everyone is entitled to a harassment-free convention experience, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, or physical appearance.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following someone, making harassing photography or recordings, and disrupting talks or other events. Anyone asked to stop any unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
A request to “stop” or “go away” means exactly that. If anyone engages in harassing behavior, the convention committee may warn the offender, remove the offender from the room, or expel the offender from the convention with no refund at that convention Chairs’ discretion.
If you feel that you are being harassed, or if you notice someone violating hotel or convention policies, we respectfully suggest the following:
- If you feel comfortable doing so, point out the inappropriate behavior to the persons involved. Often this will solve the problem immediately.
- If you do not feel comfortable talking with the persons involved or if talking to them does not resolve the issue, please report the situation, in person, immediately to the Operations Staff, or a Convention Committee member. Try to provide a name (found on all badges) and/or a physical description of the person or persons involved.
- In order to take action, we need to know about any incident during that convention.